Friday 6 September 2024

A Prayer for Employment Amid Challenges

Heavenly Father,

I come before You today with a heart burdened by uncertainty and struggle. 

You know my needs and the desires of my soul, especially as I search for meaningful work. I trust in Your plan for my life, even when the path seems difficult and the doors feel closed.

Lord, You know the challenges I face because of my age. 

Grant me the strength to persevere, the courage to remain hopeful, and the wisdom to see the value in myself as You do. 

Help me remember that my worth is not defined by the world's standards but by Your love and purpose for me.

Guide me to the right opportunities, where my skills, wisdom, and years of experience will be appreciated and put to good use. 

Open the hearts of employers to see beyond the surface, to recognize the depth of what I can offer. May I remain patient, trusting in Your timing, even when I feel weary.

Lord, let my spirit not be crushed by rejection, but strengthened by the knowledge that You are always by my side, working for my good. 

Grant me peace in this waiting season, and may I find joy in Your presence, knowing that You hold my future in Your hands.

Through Christ our Lord,


Amen.

Ecclesiastes 12 I know that there is nothing better for them than to be happy and enjoy themselves as long as they live;
13 also that it is God’s gift to man that every one should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil.
  Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition