Friday 5 April 2024

An Act Of Contrition As A Poem

In moments when my soul's in plight,
I kneel before Your holy light.
With contrite heart and humbled plea,
I seek Your grace, O Trinity.

Forgive me, Lord, for I have erred,
In thought, in word, in deed incurred.
I beg Your mercy, love divine,
To cleanse my soul, make pure, refine.

With contrition deep, I now confess,
My sins to You, in true distress.
I promise, Lord, to sin no more,
With Your grace, my spirit soar.

In penance, I'll amend my way,
And follow You without delay.
For in Your love, I find my peace,
In Your mercy, all sins cease.

With contrite heart and soul sincere,
I offer up this fervent prayer.
O God, forgive, redeem, restore,
And lead me to Your heavenly shore.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave A Message Or Your Prayer Request